Monday 6 June 2011

Even more parts

I've been ordering more parts and making adjustments where needed.  My leg to body hubs came from James (aka Commando8) together with a mounting bracket for the dome drive motor.  It took some adjustment to get the hubs to fit as the shin mounting blocks were in the way.






This is the dome drive motor.  I'm trying to make the wiring modular, hence the connector on the end of the cable.


Trying to think ahead, I decided to make some wiring clips out of two different sized p-clips. I think they'll work out quite well.


I ordered the NPC-2212 foot drive motors from www.Robotmarketplace.com and they arrived really quickly.



Finally, Jerry Greene sent out my outer legs and ankles which arrived today.  They are truly fantastic.  This is one of the legs after I've fitted some of the other parts to it.


I've ordered some of the hardware to fit the ankles and shoulder horseshoes to the legs then I'll mount them on the body.  I also have to fit a mount for the dome drive spring to get that working then I'll be able to test the drive using the radio control unit.  That will be his first remotely operated moving part.

No comments:

Post a Comment