Tuesday 15 March 2011

Picture catch-up

Here are a few pictures of the latest work...


This is R2 sitting comfortably in my Smart car for the ride to Freds.  Got some funny looks on that trip.




Above are the second-hand items I bought from Mark.  I fitted the details which I had already bought into the shoulder horse-shoes and I'm over the moon with them.


Above is the Large Data Port (LDP).  This is fitted just under the dome and above the utility arms at the front.  Unfortunately this doesn't fit.  I'll have to take some of the material from the frame to allow this to be fitted.






Another picture showing the detail of the shoulder horse-shoes.  Unfortunately, I don't have the main legs yet to fit them to but it's coming together.


This is the coin slots fitted to the inner skin.  I only fixed them in with 2 bolts for the time being.  They will have to be removed at some point for painting so they are a temporary fit.

The logistics of the build are quite a lot to think about.  Buying or making the parts is one thing but the order in which they go together is quite another.  I won't be able to attach the out skins and doors until I have all of the body details as there cuts to make in the skins and fixings to hide like the bold heads for the coin slots.  It's proving expensive at the moment simply because a lot of the parts which are large and required to make the overall robot are being made and sold to the club members and if I don't buy them now it could be a couple of years before they are made again.  I have already ordered the legs and ankles.  The foot drives are in the process of being paid for and I think Jerry may be making the feet next.  I feel that in purchasing these items, I can get R2 looking like he should and then I'll be able to concentrate on some of the details.  Of course, then it's time to start on the electronics!

No comments:

Post a Comment